- Information and Digital Literacy
- Personal and Social Responsibility
- Critical Thinking
3 credit hours
One course from the list below.
I will tell you something about stories,
They aren't just entertainment.
Don't be fooled.
They're all we have, you see.
All we have to fight off illness and death.
You don't have anything
if you don't have the stories.
Their evil is mighty,
but it can't stand up to our stories.
- Explore how individuals and diverse societies, past and present, make meaning and assign value.
- Explain how histories, cultural works, languages and ideas shape diverse communities and relations between them
- Design ways of understanding diverse human experiences, including conflict and inequality, by examining cultural records
- Identify and analyze the sources of particular claims about human experience
Yucca symbol = This course also meets the U.S. Global Diversity requirement.
|AFST 1110 Yucca symbol||Introduction to Africana Studies|
|AMST 1150 Yucca symbol||Introduction to SW Studies|
|CCST 2110 Yucca symbol||Intro to Chicana & Chicano Studies|
|CLST 1110||Greek Mythology|
|CLST 2110||Greek Civilization|
|CLST 2120||Roman Civilization|
|COMP 2222||Fairy and Folk Tales|
|COMP 2240||Cultures, Texts, Worlds|
|ENGL 1410||Introduction to Literature|
|ENGL 2650 Yucca symbol||World Literature I|
|ENGL 2660 Yucca symbol||World Literature II|
|GEOG 1175 Yucca symbol||World Regional Geography|
|GRMN 2227||Sickness, Insanity, and Transgression in German Literature and Film|
|HIST 1105||Making History|
|HIST 1110||United States History I|
|HIST 1120||United States History II|
|HIST 1150||Western Civilization I|
|HIST 1160 Yucca symbol||Western Civilization II|
|HIST 1170 Yucca symbol||Survey of Early Latin America|
|HIST 1180 Yucca symbol||Survey of Modern Latin America|
|HIST 2130||Survey of Native American History|
|HNRS 1120||Honors Legacy Seminar|
|HNRS 2167||Humanities in Society & Culture|
|INTS 1101||Introduction to International Studies|
|LING 2151||The Language of Advertising|
|MLNG 1110 Yucca symbol||Approaches to Languages and Cultures|
|NATV 1150 Yucca symbol||Introduction to Native American Studies|
|PHIL 1115||Introduction to Philosophy|
|PHIL 2210||Early Modern Philosophy|
|RELG 1110||Introduction to World Religions|
|RELG 1550||Religion, Health and Medicine|
|RELG 2110||Eastern Religions|
|RELG 2120||Western Religions|